Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Work Quotes

I put all my genius into my life; I put only my talent into my works. -Oscar Wilde

Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. -Buddha

The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary. -Donald Kendall

Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do. -Oscar Wilde

The sum of wisdom is that time is never lost that is devoted to work. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

The harder I work the more I live. -George Bernard Shaw

Work is either fun or drudgery. It depends on your attitude. I like fun. -Colleen C. Barrett

We work to become, not to acquire. -Elbert Hubbard

Find something you love to do and you’ll never have to work a day in your life. -Harvey MacKay

Men for the sake of getting a living forget to live. -Margaret Fuller

Nothing will work unless you do. -Maya Angelou

The best preparation for good work tomorrow is to do good work today. -Elbert Hubbard

There is no substitute for hard work. -Thomas A. Edison

Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work. -Aristotle

When your work speaks for itself, don’t interrupt. -Henry J. Kaiser

Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing. -Theodore Roosevelt

Derive happiness in oneself from a good day’s work, from illuminating the fog that surrounds us. -Henri Matisse

I’m a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. -Thomas Jefferson

Never work just for money or for power. They won’t save your soul or help you sleep at night. -Marian Wright Edelman

Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work. -Stephen King

The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you’re willing to work. -Oprah Winfrey

The true way to render ourselves happy is to love our work and find in it our pleasure. -Francoise de Motteville